At Aloderma, we believe in the power of nature to nourish and protect our skin. That's why we use only the freshest, highest quality ingredients in our products, including Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract.
Licorice root has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for its many health benefits. It is also a popular ingredient in skincare products, thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and skin-brightening properties.
What is Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract?
Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract is a natural ingredient derived from the licorice root plant. It contains a variety of active compounds, including glabridin and glycyrrhizin.
Benefits of Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract for skin
Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract has a number of benefits for skin, including:
- Anti-inflammatory: Licorice extract can help to reduce inflammation and soothe irritated skin. This makes it a good choice for people with skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
- Antioxidant: Licorice extract contains antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the signs of aging.
- Skin-brightening: Licorice extract can help to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation. This is because it contains glabridin, a compound that inhibits the production of melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color.
How to use Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract in your skincare routine
Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract can be found in a variety of skincare products, including cleansers, moisturizers, serums, and masks. It is generally safe for all skin types, but it is always a good idea to do a patch test before using any new product on your skin.
Here are some tips for using Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract in your skincare routine:
- Apply it to clean, dry skin. This will help the active ingredients to penetrate the skin more effectively.
- Use it twice daily, once in the morning and once at night.
- Be patient. It can take several weeks or even months to see the full benefits of using Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract.
At Aloderma, we use Glycyrrhiza Glabra (licorice) extract in our Aloe Brightening Eye Cream, Aloe Brightening Facial Cleanser, and Aloe Brightening Mask.
Our Aloe Brightening Eye Cream is a lightweight, hydrating cream that helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. It also contains hyaluronic acid and niacinamide to further brighten and hydrate the skin.
Our Aloe Brightening Facial Cleanser is a gentle cleanser that removes dirt, oil, and makeup without stripping the skin of its natural oils. It also contains vitamin C and azelaic acid to further brighten and even out the skin tone.
Our Aloe Brightening Mask is a deep-conditioning mask that helps to brighten and even out the skin tone. It also contains glycolic acid and salicylic acid to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.
Glabridin, one of the active compounds in licorice extract, is a potent tyrosinase inhibitor. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that plays a key role in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color. By inhibiting tyrosinase, glabridin can help to reduce the production of melanin and lighten the skin tone.
Licorice extract also contains glycyrrhizin, a compound with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Glycyrrhizin can help to soothe irritated skin and protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract is a safe and effective natural ingredient for skin care. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and skin-brightening properties, making it a good choice for a variety of skin conditions.
If you are looking for a way to brighten and even out your skin tone, we recommend trying our Aloe Brightening Eye Cream, Aloe Brightening Facial Cleanser, or Aloe Brightening Mask. All of these products contain Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract as well as other beneficial ingredients for brighter, more even skin.