All good skin care regimens include a specific routine before you head to bed. While you’re catching a few Z’s is the best time to easily get the most out of the products on your skin. Bedtime allows your skincare products the best opportunity to penetrate your skin and get the maximum benefits without being bombarded by environmental irritants and changes, which is why the products you use in your nighttime beauty routine are extra important. Before we share some ways to use Aloe Vera in your nighttime beauty regimen, let’s talk about the benefits of Aloe Vera on your face during the night.
WHY ALOE VERA AT NIGHT?
Create an even skin tone – Chemicals found naturally in Aloe Vera, primarily aloesin, have been found in studies to reduce the appearance of pigmentation and may naturally help to lighten skin. Many people also notice a reduction in the appearance of dark circles under the eye because Aloe Vera supports naturally combatting melanin cell production (think even skin tone!).
Soothe daytime damage – Aloe Vera contains some pretty unique hormones, such as gibberellins and auxins, that have natural properties to help combat irritation and soothe skin. This is one of the key reasons Aloe Vera is commonly used to help soothe sunburns. It has even been known to help support the healing of irritated skin and abrasions.
Moisturize – The Aloe Vera plant is made up of 95.5% water! Just as drinking water is important to hydrate your body, so is adding natural moisture back into your skin.
Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – Aloe Vera also has over 200 unique phytonutrients that help to improve elasticity in the skin as well as support the skin cell regeneration process.
Regulate oil production – If you have the opposite of a dry skin problem, Aloe Vera remains a top notch ingredient for battling overactive sebaceous glands. When the skin becomes too oily, it’s easy for dirt to get trapped in your pores, leading to outbreaks. Aloe Vera’s natural astringent properties help to control sebum production without drying out the skin.
Brighten skin – Everyone wants to look refreshed in the morning. Aloe Vera naturally contains salicylic acid, which is a gentle exfoliant that will help to remove dead skin cells and leave your skin looking revitalized.
HOW TO USE ALOE VERA GEL AT NIGHT?
Aloe Vera has truly incredible natural ingredients with a ton of benefits to our skin. Due to its amazing natural properties, it is found in many skin care products. However, it is really critical that you read the ingredients to assure you are actually getting enough to make a difference. Many products have a token amount added as a powder or a very small amount of liquid, that is unlikely to actually benefit your skin care routine. As always, read the fine print!
Many people wonder, “Can I apply Aloe Vera gel overnight?” and we’re here to tell you: YES - and you should! (duhh - we are an Aloe based skin care company, after all)!
Here is our recommended nighttime beauty regimen and some of our favorite Aloe Vera-based products.
- Cleanse – Start with a fresh face! Some dermatologists will even recommend a double-cleanse. We highly recommend our line of cleansers, with an ideal fit for all skin types.
- Tone – After your face is clean, the next step is to use a toner. Toners work to remove any final traces of dirt or impurities that may be in your pores. Using toner as part of your daily tourinte may also have an impact on the size of your pores and the overall appearance of your skin. ALODERMA has a fantastic line of Aloe Based Toners enriched with natural botanicals for your specific skin care needs. We also offer a 99.8 Fresh Aloe Skin Hydrator is an ideal alternative to toners for those looking for the purest Aloe Vera alternative and those with extra sensitive skin.
- Eyes – The skin around the eye is some of the most delicate skin on your body. Due to its fragile nature, it’s also one of the first places people notice their skin begin to look aged (ahem, crow’s feet and under eye dark circles). That said, because the skin is more delicate, the same creams and products you use on the rest of your face may not be a good fit for your eye area. We recommend ALODERMA’s Aloe Brightening Eye Cream which is made up of 87% fresh, organic aloe juice.
- Serums – Before you add your final nightly moisturizer you’ll want to apply a treatment serum (and serum's close cousin, essence) that’s specific to the needs of your skin. For some, it may be an anti-aging serum; for others, it may be a brightening serum. There are a variety of serums and essences to fit many types of needs. Made with organic aloe juice and hyaluronic acid, ALODERMA provides a variety of serums to choose from.
- Moisturize – End your nighttime skin care regimen with moisture. Adding moisture back to your body is a vital step in having your skin appear radiant. We love ALODERMA’s Vitality Hydrating Lotion, but really any of our lotions and creams are suited for bedtime. Choose the product best suited for your specific skin needs and concerns.
Don’t cheat your face out of a healthy bedtime skin care regimen! Instead, consider including Aloe Vera-based products. Aloe’s nutrients, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and enzymes all work together to leave your skin looking and feeling vibrant and revitalized.
FINDING THE BEST ALOE VERA PRODUCTS FOR YOUR FACE
ALODERMA’s skin care products define Fresh Aloe Skin Care by capturing the peak bio-activity of Aloe Vera by producing at the source, which is why Aloe is the first ingredient on every product we make. We own and operate our own ECOCERT certified organic farms and process and manufacture our Fresh Aloe Skin Care within 12 Hours of Harvest to guarantee the highest quality Aloe Skin Care products on the market. We never use Aloe concentrates, SD alcohol, parabens, mineral oil, artificial coloring, or hormones in any of our products. Our growing is all natural and we never use chemical fertilizers, pesticides, growth hormones, or herbicides. Try our products, feel the natural difference it makes on your skin, and begin your path to amazing beauty.