How Does Aloe Vera Support Skin Health?
If you are like most people, you came to discover aloe as a result of a burn or other injury and had your mother, father, relative, or friend recommend putting Aloe Vera on it in order to help soothe and support recovery of the wound or burn. The founder of American Global Health Group (the parent company behind ALODERMA), Douglas Jewett, had much the same experience as a child when a neighbor of his received 2nd and 3rd degree burns over much of his body in an industrial accident. Aloe Vera was the only treatment that helped heal and soothe the agonizing pain and may have been the factor that led to much faster recovery and better outcome than doctors thought possible. This was a pivotal moment in Doug’s life and was part of the inspiration for founding American Global Health Group in 2000 when the company established its first plantations.
Over 6,000 years ago, Egyptians regarded the Aloe Vera plant as a sacred plant for beauty, healing, and immortality. Ancient stories tell us that some of the first to famously promote the use of aloe were Cleopatra and Nofretete, who used parts of the plant in their daily beauty regimens. With so many amazing health and skin care properties having been discovered, it’s no wonder Aloe Vera continues to be one of the most highly regarded all-natural, skin care remedies.
While the Aloe Vera back in natural times certainly came from fresh plants growing in the Nile valley, we have done the next best thing with our ALODERMA products, patenting a process to harvest plants on our ECOCERT certified organic aloe plantations, process, and produce end skin care products in under 12 hours. We use this organic Fresh Aloe Juice in all of our products, such as our Pure Aloe Vera Gel to guarantee the highest quality is encapsulated in all of our products.
HOW DOES ALOE VERA SUPPORT SKIN HEALTH?
The Aloe Vera plant contains 200+ active vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids, and amino acids that all contribute to amazing skin benefits and health. Found in the miculage layer of the Aloe Vera plant is a prominent glucomannan sugar called Acemannan. This sugar combined with a growth hormone found in the plant, called gibberellin, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast and stimulates cellular activity and proliferation (ie. supports natural cellular generation). While this may seem like a confusing connection, fibroblasts are a key type of biological cell that synthesizes the extracellular matrix and collagen, thereby producing the structural framework for all tissue and plays a critical role in supporting skin recovery during the wound, abrasion, cut, and burn recovery process. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in all animals, explaining why aloe, especially fresh aloe, is so effective!
EVERYDAY EXAMPLES OF ALOE SUPPORTING SKIN HEALTH
Whether it’s spending time outside on a sunny day, the effects of a changing season, or accidentally touching the oven while you’re baking, we have all experienced trauma to our skin. It’s the body’s largest organ so it’s no wonder why taking good care of it is top of mind for many. Some of the most common reasons why people keep aloe handy is to help naturally support skin recovery:
- Sunburns – While Aloe Vera can't stop you from going out in the sun or even getting burned, it does contain 8 enzymes that work together to help promote recovery after time in the sun and soothe skin irritation caused by too much exposure to the sun. Not only that but the sugars in the gel, predominantly polysaccharides, work to naturally support the recovery process of the skin.
- Razor Burn – Just as with a sunburns, the enzymes in Aloe Vera gel will help soothe and nourish your skin to help skin naturally recover after shaving. Aloe Vera gel also contains aloin and emodin, in trace amounts. which also act as antibacterial agents to help reduce itchiness and tenderness.
- Dry Skin – Dry and chapped skin benefits from aloe due to its moisturizing capabilities. The polysaccharides found in Aloe Vera bind the moisture-rich aloe gel to the skin. Not only does this add moisture to skin but it also helps to soften the appearance and feeling of the skin.
- Scarring – Applying Aloe Vera to a wound or a scar at its earliest stages can help reduce the appearance of scars as the gel stimulates collagen and elastin fiber production. This helps diminish the long-term appearance of scars.
- Stretch Marks – Stretch marks are signs of skin being stretched and contracted over time. As with scarring, Aloe Vera’s collagen production properties have been known to remove and significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
WHY CHOOSE ALODERMA PRODUCTS?
Not all Aloe Vera-based products are created equally, nor is using the plant’s gel directly on the skin always practical. Unlike many skincare lines which use Aloe Vera powders and concentrates, ALODERMA’s skincare line is only made using Fresh Aloe Juice produced and bottled within 12 hours of harvest. Our ECOCERT certified and patented organic growing and harvesting process is combined with organic processing on location in order to capture the bio-active power of natural aloe in a way other skin care products don’t have the ability to replicate. Most products rely on freeze dried powder and concentrates reconstituted in production many weeks or even years after harvest. That just doesn’t cut it for people looking for a natural solution and to get the most out of their skin care products. This gives our customers high-end skincare products packed with the ultimate skin recovery benefits associated with natural Aloe Vera.
If you are finding that your skin is irritated, we recommend any of our serums, however would especially recommend the ALODERMA Aloe Soothing & Repairing Essence, which is enriched with Purslane and Chamomile for maximum calming impact. For dry skin or chapped, irritated skin, ALODERMA’s Aloe Vitality Hydrating Essence is infused with Hyaluronic Acid for the ultimate in hydration. For those looking for Pure Aloe Skin Care, you can never go wrong with ALODERMA’s 99.8% Fresh Aloe Juice Skin Hydrator or the 99% Pure Aloe Vera Gel to deliver the benefits of Aloe Vera in its natural state.
Try ALODERMA and discover the difference Fresh Aloe Skin Care can make in your skin care regimen and begin your path to amazing beauty.