How Does Aloe Vera Heal Skin?
If you are like most people, you came to discover aloe as a result of a burn or other injury and had your mother, father, relative, or friend recommend putting Aloe Vera on it in order to help soothe and heal the wound or burn. The founder of American Global Health Group (the parent company behind ALODERMA), Douglas Jewett, had much the same experience as a child when a neighbor of his received 2nd and 3rd degree burns over much of his body in an industrial accident. Aloe Vera was the only treatment that helped heal and soothe the agonizing pain and ultimately led to much faster recovery and better outcome than doctors thought possible. This was a pivotal moment in Doug’s life and was part of the inspiration for founding American Global Health Group in 2000 when the company established its first plantations.
Over 6,000 years ago, Egyptians regarded the Aloe Vera plant as a sacred plant for beauty, healing, and immortality. Ancient stories tell us that some of the first to famously promote the use of aloe were Cleopatra and Nofretete, who used parts of the plant in their daily beauty regimens. With so many amazing healing properties that we have since discovered, it’s no wonder Aloe Vera continues to be one of the most highly regarded all-natural, healing remedies.
While the Aloe Vera back in natural times certainly came from fresh plants growing in the Nile valley, we have done the next best thing with our ALODERMA products, patenting a process to harvest plants off our ECOCERT certified organic aloe plantations, process, and produce end skin care products in under 12 hours. We use this organic Fresh Aloe Juice in all of our products, such as our Pure Aloe Vera Gel to guarantee the highest quality in our of our products.
HOW DOES ALOE VERA HEAL SKIN?
The Aloe Vera plant contains 75 active vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids, and amino acids which all contribute to amazing healing side-effects. Found in the miculage layer of the Aloe Vera plant is a prominent glucomannan sugar called Acemannan. This sugar combined with a growth hormone found in the plant, called gibberellin, interacts with growth factor receptors on the fibroblast and stimulates cellular activity and proliferation. While this may seem like a confusing connection, fibroblasts are a key type of biological cell that synthesizes the extracellular matrix and collagen, thereby producing the structural framework for all tissue and plays a critical role in wound, abrasion, cut, and burn healing. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in all animals, explaining why aloe, especially fresh aloe, is so effective!
EVERYDAY EXAMPLES OF ALOE HEALING SKIN
Whether it’s spending time outside on a sunny day, the effects of a changing season, or accidentally touching the oven while you’re baking, we have all experienced trauma to our skin. It’s the body’s largest organ so it’s no wonder why taking good care of it is top of mind for many. Some of the most common reasons why people keep aloe handy is to help heal:
- Sunburn – Aloe Vera contains 8 enzymes which work together to reduce inflammation, the irritation of the skin caused by too much exposure to the sun. Not only that but the sugars in the gel, predominantly polysaccharides, work to fast-track the healing process of the skin.
- Razor Burn – Just as with a sunburn, the enzymes in Aloe Vera gel will help reduce the inflammation of the skin after shaving. Aloe Vera gel also contains aloin and emodin, in trace amounts. which also act as antibacterial agents to help reduce itchiness, tenderness and keep minor abrasions from becoming inflamed.
- Dry Skin – Dry and chapped skin benefits from aloe due to its moisturizing capabilities. The polysaccharides found in Aloe Vera bind the moisture-rich aloe gel to the skin. Not only does this add moisture to skin but it also helps to soften the appearance and feeling of the skin.
- Scarring – Applying Aloe Vera to a wound or a scar at its earliest stages can help reduce the appearance of scars as the gel stimulates collagen and elastin fiber production. This helps accelerate the skin tissue regeneration process.
- Stretch Marks – Essentially stretch marks are types of scars caused by the trauma of the skin being stretched and contracted over time. As with scarring, Aloe Vera’s collagen production properties have been known to remove and significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
WHY CHOOSE ALODERMA PRODUCTS?
Not all Aloe Vera-based products are created equally, nor is using the plant’s gel directly on the skin always practical. Unlike many skincare lines which use Aloe Vera powders and concentrates, ALODERMA’s skincare line is only made using Fresh Aloe Juice produced and bottled within 12 hours of harvest. Our ECOCERT certified and patented organic growing and harvesting process is combined with organic processing on location in order to capture the bio-active power of natural aloe in a way other skin care products don’t have the ability to replicate. Many competing products rely on freeze dried powder and concentrates reconstituted in production many weeks or even years after harvest. That just doesn’t cut it for people looking for a natural solution and to get the most out of their skin care products. This gives our customers high-end skincare products packed with the ultimate healing benefits of Aloe Vera.
If you are finding that your skin is inflamed or irritated, we recommend any of our serums, however would especially recommend the ALODERMA Aloe Soothing & Repairing Essence, which is enriched with Purslane and Chamomile for maximum calming impact. For dry skin or chapped, irritated skin, ALODERMA’s Aloe Vitality Hydrating Essence is infused with Hyaluronic Acid for the ultimate in hydration. For those looking for Pure Aloe Skin Care, you can never go wrong with ALODERMA’s 99.8% Fresh Aloe Juice Skin Hydrator or the 99% Pure Aloe Vera Gel to deliver the benefits of Aloe Vera in its natural state.
Try ALODERMA and feel the natural difference it makes when your skin care is Rooted in the Earth, and begin your path to amazing beauty.