Why Does Aloe Vera Make My Skin Feel Tight?
It’s no secret that Aloe Vera is one of the most powerful plants, packed with amazing healing qualities and seemingly limitless benefits. Aloe vera not only soothes a sunburn, but can also help fight the skin’s aging process. Though some prefer to put fresh aloe vera directly onto their skin, others prefer the convenience of aloe vera skin care products to utilize aloe’s massive healing and protecting qualities. Whatever the case, consumers need to pay attention to the quality of the aloe they are putting on their skin and rather it is fresh, concentrated or from powder. Only Organic Fresh Aloe produced at the source and in the minimum amount of time are truly capable of capturing the incredible properties found in natural Aloe plants.
WHY DOES ALOE VERA MAKE MY SKIN FEEL TIGHT?
One common complaint from using aloe vera’s gel directly on the skin is the feeling of tightness or stickiness. It’s true that, once aloe vera gel is applied to the skin, there is a film that acts as a protective barrier to lock in moisture and deter debris contact, which can make your face feel tight. Here’s why:
- Aloe vera is a mild astringent – Astringents have water attracting properties and can help draw moisture away from the skin as well as tighten pores.
- Aloe vera gel by itself has no emollient to lock in moisture – Gels, especially aloe vera gel, have a high natural water content and once that water evaporates away from the skin, it can create a “tightness effect.” This sensation can be reduced by using Fresh Aloe products that don’t contain any added waters or concentrates.
ALOE VERA’S “TIGHTENING” BENEFITS
Though some may claim mild discomfort or drying of the skin when applying aloe vera gel, it does have a vast array of benefits. To name a few:
- Oil production regulation
- Natural hydration
- Skin brightening
- Skin tone balancing
- Mild abrasion healing
HOW TO CHOOSE ALOE-BASED SKIN CARE PRODUCTS
To reduce that uncomfortable “tightness” feeling, we recommend finding high-quality, fresh organic aloe vera based skin care products so that you can minimize the additional ingredients that could reduce your benefit. But first, do your research! Find out if the aloe is organic, what/if any herbicides or pesticides are being used, and how the aloe is being harvested. Is the product from concentrate or powder and are they adding water to the product? All of those are red flags that call into question the purity of the aloe you think you are putting on your skin. If you can’t easily find out that information, you should consider an alternate product.
By harvesting and processing our aloe within 12 hours, ALODERMA’s product line is able to capture the peak bio-activity of Aloe Vera to provide optimum results. We can also guarantee that all of our Aloe Vera is:
- Ecocert certified organic
- Processed within 12 hours of harvest utilizing a unique, patented process
- Delivers highest levels of polysaccharides in the industry
- Grown without chemical fertilizers
- Is free of growth hormones
- Never has herbicides used on it