Skin Care to Get Back the Youthful Glow in Your 40s
Wrinkles and aging spots can show up as early as your 20's and 30's. This is caused by the production of collagen slowing down as you age. Collagen gives your skin a youthful elasticity. Following a regular skincare routine is a significant part of keeping skin healthy for longer and slowing down the appearance of aging.
When Does Aging First Start?
While aging typically becomes more acutely visible in your later 30s and into your 40s, the reality is that the damage begins substantially earlier. Anti-aging products should really be incorporated into your skincare routine in your 20’s and 30’s. If initiating a skin care routine sounds intimidating, it is wise to begin with the the basics like a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. Don't forget that in addition to your normal routine, sunscreen is an important part of your routine, especially during the March-September period when the sun is the most intense and UV damage is the greatest.
Also, it goes without saying, but smoking isn't great for your skin. Eating a well-balanced diet, avoiding exposure to the sun, and staying hydrated can help.
As you get older, adding products that include alpha hydroxy acids, retinol, and beta hydroxy acids such as the Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating Serum, along with vitamin C serums to your skincare routine will help slow down the signs of aging.
There are two kinds of skin aging, intrinsic aging and extrinsic aging. Intrinsic aging happens from the passage of time and the action of reactive oxygen. Intrinsically aged skin is smooth, pale, unblemished, dry, less elastic, and has fine wrinkles. This is purely a result of aging vs. environmental impacts. Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating Cream is a wonderful product that can help restore your skin and help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Extrinsically aged skin has deep wrinkling and is coarse to the touch. In addition, the appearance of spider veins, mottled or irregular pigmentation, a yellow or sallow complexion, and a loss of elasticity. Fairer skin is affected more than darker skin. The external factors contributing are diet, smoking, chemical exposure, exposure to UV radiation, and trauma.
Other issues that show up as you age are that skin becomes slack, rougher, more transparent, fragile, and easily bruised. In addition, changes that occur below the skin are fat loss in the temples, chin, nose, eye, and cheek area. This can cause your skin to look loose, have sunken eyes, and have a skeletal appearance.
There is also bone loss around the chin and mouth after around the age of 60. This can also cause the skin to pucker around your mouth. In addition, the cartilage loss in your nose can cause your nasal tip to droop. This would accent the bony structure of your nose.
How ALODERMA Can Help?
There are natural products that can help prevent the signs of aging. For example, Aloe vera has been proven to help increase the production of collagen in the skin. This helps with helping reduce the appearance of wrinkles and gives you more radiant and youthful-looking skin.
ALODERMA products are produced within 12 Hours of Harvest to guarantee the freshest and most bioactive aloe available on the market is in every product we make, guaranteeing truly Fresh Aloe Skin Care. All the products are made from at least 65% of fresh organic aloe vera, don't contain any added water, and are not made from powder or concentrate.
What Order Should You Apply Your Skin Care?
While skin care routines can differ, the below is what we consider a bedrock for any routine:
1. Cleanser: Always start with a cleanser, such as the Aloe Nourishing Facial Cleanser, which is formulated with carnosine peptides to create a light foam that gently cleanses and exfoliates while naturally reducing wrinkles to restore skin’s hydration and vitality helping to remove impurities as a skin-smoothing cleanser.
2. Toner: You should follow your cleanser with a Toner, such as the Aloe Rejuvenating Skin Toner, which features fresh Aloe enriched with carnosine and hyaluronic acid acts to increase skin elasticity while leaving skin hydrated and nourished. Use Aloe Rejuvenating Skin Toner to lock in moisture and help protect against the effects of aging.
3. Serum: Following your toner with a Serum such as the Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating Serum. Enriched with hyaluronic acid, tamarind seed extract and amino acids, Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating Serum fights the signs of aging, promotes skin’s natural renewal and restores its youthful firmness and radiance.
4. Facial Moisturizer: The Aloe Nourishing & Rejuvenating Lotion is enriched with Shea Butter and Jojoba seed oil. It firms skin to smooth and lift the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It gives your face a fresh, youthful appearance.
5. Facial Cream: If you are looking for deeper hydration during the dryer months or at night, we suggest a cream such as the Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating Cream, Enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter and Jojoba Seed Oil to help prevent the loss of collagen and elastin in skin, smooths out wrinkles and defends against signs of aging.
6. Eye Creams: An essential final area to focus on is the eye area, such as the Aloe Brightening Eye Cream, which is infused with peptides and amino acids to quick penetrates to brighten, firm and hydrate the eye area. Grapefruit, Licorice and Butcher's Broom Root Extract work to reduce dark circles and puffiness while smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. Eyes are left restored and refreshed.
If you are looking to bundle of these products and save money while also getting some additional free products, such as the Aloe Nourishing Hand Cream, Pure Aloe Vera Gel, and award winning Aloe Nourishing and Aloe Nourishing & Firming Masks, we highly recommend the Ultimate Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating Set, which contains everything you need in one set.
Please feel free to shop our entire line of Aloe Firming & Rejuvenating products on aloderma.com to help you discover fresh, youthful-looking skin.